Table of Contents
Introduction To Our Sustainability Policy
Canalside Bude is committed to providing a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests while minimising our impact on the environment to lead to a sustainable holiday. We believe that everyone has a role to play in protecting our planet, and we encourage our guests to join us in our sustainability efforts.
We are committed to the following sustainability principles in our sustainability policy:
- Reducing our energy consumption: We will use energy-efficient appliances and lighting, and we will encourage guests to conserve energy by turning off lights and electronics when not in use.
- Reducing our water consumption: We will fix any leaks promptly, and we will encourage guests to take shorter showers and to use water-saving appliances.
- Reducing our waste: We will provide recycling bins for guests to use. We will provide essentials such as salt, pepper, oil, sugar, kitchen detergents and eco friendly toilet roll. We will provide a digital experience (email receipts, self check-in) unless specifically requested. We will provide a drying rail for clothing.
- Sourcing local and sustainable products: We will support local businesses and farmers by sourcing food and other products locally whenever possible.
- Minimizing our use of chemicals: We will use eco-friendly cleaning products and avoid using pesticides and herbicides. We will bulk buy and refill to avoid single use plastic containers.
- Protecting the natural environment: We will encourage guests to respect the local wildlife and to dispose of litter properly.
- Provide holiday items to avoid unnecessary purchases: We will provide quality bodyboards to hire and a range of games in the holiday apartment. We will email guests a list of equipment and essentials that will be provided to avoid unnessessary purchases.
What Guests Can Do to Help
Guests can help us achieve our sustainability goals by taking the following actions:
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use.
- Take shorter showers.
- Use water-saving appliances.
- Recycle all waste.
- Choose to walk, cycle, or use public transportation whenever possible.
- Respect the local wildlife and dispose of litter properly.
- Avoid hiring cheap polysyrene bodyboards that snap. We will hire proper bodyboards to you for £2/day, with £1 going to keep britain tidy and £1 to Bude sea pool – see this page.
For guests with access to an electric vehicle, 2 Canalside has an EV charging point. We also have the following page with information on local charging points – EV Charging
Bude Way Accredication
The Bude Way Accreditation Scheme is has been established to determine how environmentally friendly business are and to estimate where businesses sits in terms of its sustainability. We’ve been certified 3 leaves (the maximum) but of course are continually looking to see where we can improve.
We believe that by working together, we can make a difference. Thank you for choosing Canalside Bude and for helping us to protect our planet.
To start your sustainably holiday at 2 Canalside, click here.